Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cam & Rich Get Married!

This post is (like most of my other posts) over a month late!  Cameron & Rich tied the knot on Saturday, August 17th 2013. I couldn't be more thrilled to have Rich in the family. He is such a kind-hearted, easy-going and funny guy.  I've loved him since the first time I stayed with them in New Jersey. I could tell that they were perfect for each other -- the yin to each other's yang!  The wedding weekend was truly an incredible one. Cam was so creative, organized & planned every last tidbit of the weekend.  All of those little touches really made the weekend special.  

One thing I loved about my wedding with Nick is how the focus was a merging of our two families.  Cam & Rich's wedding had that super special element as well. Cameron gave the most touching speech  on the rehearsal dinner boat. I wish I had it recorded.  She touched on how she "knew" Rich was the one.  She thanked everyone for coming. There was also not a dry eye in the house when she spoke about how far Dad has come since his stroke last year.  She said that "we didn't even know if you'd be able to be here today with us."  It was so touching. She also praised mom for her strength & thanked our family & friends for supporting the family.  It was truly one of the best speeches I've heard in my entire life.

The events of the weekend included

  • Thursday night backyard BBQ & campfire at my parents' house
  • Friday casual boating & tie-up on Lake Geneva 
  • Friday rehearsal & elegant rehearsal dinner on the Lady of the Lake
  • Saturday - the big day

FRIDAY BOATING FUN
 


REHEARSAL DINNER ON THE LADY-OF-THE-LAKE





WEDDING DAY!







OUR LITTLE PARTY ANIMAL - woke up at midnight & partied with us til after 1am



No comments:

Post a Comment