What a blur the month of November was for us! It's December 4th, and while I should be putting up a post with Dominic's 4-month photos, I feel that I need to get Thanksgiving up first! We had a wonderful time in Lake Geneva. Dom & I went for 8 nights. It was absolute heaven to be with my mom for a long visit. She just loves our little baby so much & it's wonderful to see them together. It was also good to see my dad's progress after the stroke. Out of everyone, his funny faces & loud voice make Dom smile the most. Dominic also met his great grandma Lydia for this first time which was so special. Thanksgiving with all of the aunts, uncles, cousins was so warm & cozy -- it made me miss everyone up there so much. Dance parties, grandma throwing her hilarious Christmas goods auction (with auctioneer Nick), photo albums being passed during dinner... so many good memories were made this year. Also, big news! Cameron and Rich got engaged so it was wonderful to have another soon-to-be family member hanging around all weekend.
Dominic was everyones' little buddy. He got passed from one person to the next the entire weekend. Some babies would get frustrated by that, but our little guy did so well (thankfully!) His car seat went in & out of many different cars over the course of the week. He came wedding dress shopping in Chicago. He traveled up to Madison to see my best friend, Kim, and her boys. We also had a wonderful baby shower/sip & see thrown for us by my mom's friends. It was a wonderful night filled with love & good friends! Perhaps the most important event of the week was that he was BAPTIZED! It was such an incredible day. More to come on that in a later post :)
SOLO TRAVEL: I have to admit that I was nervous about traveling with the baby alone due to Nick's work schedule. It turns out that Dom was a travel angel. On our way to Wisconsin, our travel day lasted from 6:15am to 3:30pm. I was armed with a bottle & paci for takeoff & landing but he slept almost the entire time. What a sweetie. Our trip back to Texas was very drama-filled, though the baby caused none of it. First, American wouldn't let me board early with the baby. Yes, Seriously. They said, "we now charge for early boarding." Single traveling mom with a baby, stroller, car seat, car seat base, and 2 bags. Thank you lovely gate agent for having compassion (NOT!) oh well! Then, I sat us in the wrong seats and only found out after I had belted us both in & the plane was almost full. d'oh! Then, I FELL DOWN on the jetway, stroller and all. Thankfully the baby was fine because as I went down I was able to keep the stroller from falling all the way over. How I managed that embarrassing moment is a story for another day!
Here are lots of photos from our wonderful week. The pics came from lots of different cameras & phones with good & bad lighting. It's the memories that matter, so here they are!
 |
Our First Travel Day
|
 |
Meeting the family our first day in Wisconsin
|
 |
Thanksgiving Brunch with Bourbon Bubbly (so yummy!)
|
 |
| Thanksgiving portraits |
 |
Thanksgiving dance parties, cuddles & Makers
|
 |
| Sip & See |
 |
| Snuggles at home |
 |
| Cheers to the God parents (left) and bundled up (right) |
No comments:
Post a Comment